The Topsail Island Shoreline Protection Commission is a collaborative effort for beach preservation activities by the five government entities that have authority for governing the island. These are the Board of Commissioners for Pender County and Onslow County and the governing boards for the Towns of North Topsail Beach, Topsail Beach, and Surf City.
- Educate our property owners regarding beach nourishment and the North Carolina Beach & Inlet Management Plan.
- Support and promote funding at the Federal, State, County and local levels for beach nourishment and storm protection of our shoreline.
- Encourage maintenance of dunes through sound vegetation management practices on our beaches.
- Promote the routine maintenance of area historical and federal navigation channels, including the Atlantic Intracoastal Water Way, and the placement of appropriate corresponding dredge spoils on our beaches.
- Promote the maintenance and restoration of nesting habitat for endangered sea turtles.
For more information click on the following link: