Address: 816 S Anderson Blvd.
Phone: (910)328-2980 Fax: (910)328-0763
Chief: Bo Fussel:
Fire protection for the Town of Topsail Beach is provided by the dedicated members of our Volunteer Fire Department.
ISO Rating - 5
The Town of Topsail Beach Volunteer Fire Department is Seeking Additional Volunteers
The Town of Topsail Beach Volunteer Fire Department is seeking additional volunteers. Interested candidates must meet the following qualification:
- The applicant must attend at least three consecutive fire department meetings
- Upon recommendation of the fire chief, voted onto the department and membership approved by the town manager
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Pass a physical examination and substance abuse test
- Shall be subject to a background check. Any applicant who has been convicted of a felony is ineligible to be a member of the fire department
- Live within a 15 mile driving distance to the town limits or perform a majority of their work within the town limits or a 15 mile driving distance of the town limits
- All new members shall serve a six-month probationary period. A probationary member of the fire department may be dismissed during the probationary period for any reason whatsoever
In addition to these qualifications members must participate in 50 hours of fire department training, cannot miss three consecutive scheduled fire meetings and must respond to at least 25% of all calls annually. After the six month probationary period the new member will qualify for tier-based compensation dependent on their training level. Any interested candidates should contact the Topsail Beach Fire Department at (910)328-2980 with further questions or stop by at 816 S Anderson Blvd., Topsail Beach, NC to pick up or fill out an application.
APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT