The Town of Topsail Beach is Seeking a Full-Time Firefighter
The Town of Topsail Beach is in search of a full-time firefighter. Work requires that the employee stay abreast of state-of-the-art fire suppression procedures, techniques, and equipment and requires the employee to incorporate the necessary changes into in-service training. The employee is subject to the hazards associated with firefighting and rescue work including working in inside and outside environments, in extreme hot and cold temperatures, loud noise, vibration, moving parts, high heat, chemicals, fumes, odors, dusts, gases, poor ventilation, oils, wearing respirators, and working in close quarters. The employee is also subject to the final OSHA standards on bloodborne pathogens.
- Must be able to physically perform the basic life functions of climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing and repetitive motions.
- Must be able to perform heavy work exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force. frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Must possess visual acuity to size up the color, volume, and extent of fire involvement at fire scenes, to operate heavy fire apparatus in emergency situations, and to prepare records and reports.
Desirable Education and Experience:
Graduation from high school supplemented by completion of courses and seminars in fire service and in fire code enforcement and considerable experience in a fire service; or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Possession of a valid North Carolina driver's license.
- Possession of NFPA Firefighter I & II certification.
- Knowledge of Pump Operations.
Salary: Based on experience.
The Town of Topsail Beach is an EOE.
Please submit an APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT to:
Chief Bo Fussell at email@example.com
or contact him at (910)599-2626